WHY COMPLICATE LIFE WHEN IT IS MEANT TO BE SIMPLE?
There are no hard and fast rules on how to live our lives. However, we always tend to get things complicated no matter how simple it ought to be. What works for one may not be what works for another. I maintain my stand that though we all make this journey of life together, we travel different paths. You can’t live your life, like a copied assignment….one you can’t explain. Easy always does it.
So I coined out 30 rules that I try to live by each day in a bid to make my life simpler, happier and more fulfilled. While I still struggle to remain consistent with all of them, I can very well say they have each worked for me. With these, you discover more of yourself and learn to live a life without regrets. Let me share with you:
MY 30 RULES OF SIMPLICITY.
- De-clutter your mind. Leave the baggage of the past. Put old concerns behind you and look forward to the new adventures in the future.
- Have a list of priorities. That way, you are organized.
- Develop a positive attitude even in the midst of challenges. This is a guaranteed way to find your way out of life’s maze.
- Have a grateful heart even for the most insignificant reason. Just be grateful.
- Allow your heart to be free. Don’t hold back or have some stringent life guidelines. Be flexible and spontaneous. You came to life with only one instruction and that is to LIVE. Creativity is the way to go.
- Learn to forgive and let go. Grudges are never worth your time or energy.
- Be morally responsible. Follow your heart no matter what the world says.
- Be child-like. Find your inner child. Most of the answers to life’s puzzles can be seen through the eyes of a child.
- Appreciate your failures and mistakes by learning from them.
- Love freely and completely without fear irrespective of whether you are loved in same measure or less. Remember, the love you give away is the foundation and basis of the love you receive.
- Smile always. This is a confidence booster that just colours your world and is the first step to having an amazing personality.
- Read always. A knowledgeable mind is a confident mind. Contrary to popular belief, ignorance is never bliss. Brace yourself to know all the facts no matter how scary or painful and gently work your way around it. Nothing is ever as scary as how the mind makes it appear to be. YOU CAN HANDLE ANYTHING WITH THE RIGHT ATTITUDE.
- Worry less and have more faith.
- Dare to live and not just exist. Be all you can be and make every moment count….. Laugh, Dance, Play, Keep fit, Eat healthily, Love.
- Always pay heed to your intuition. It never leads you wrong.
- Be guided in all your actions by your conscience.
- Have a willingness to learn new things. Have no limitations.
- Be opened to change. Unlearn bad habits and develop good ones.
- Make it a rule to stay away from anything or anyone negative.
- Gain control over your thoughts. Filter what you let into your mind and sieve what comes out of your mouth or whatever actions you take.
- Listen to great music that would positively influence you.
- Never be too proud or afraid to apologize for your wrongs.
- Stay humble and always be willing to share with others.
- Trust yourself and your abilities. You are stronger than you think.
- Discover and put to great use, your passion and talents. It is your way to wealth.
- Try, try and try again each time you fail. Giving up is not an option.
- Stay connected to God Almighty who gives you the grace to live.
- Learn from children. They still live in a world of innocence and their lives are unmarred by the dark realities of the complications of adult life.
- Watch cartoons and learn from them always plus you would never be bored with them.
- SIMPLY BELIEVE even in the impossible and even when you don’t understand. All things are possible to them that believe.
PHOTO CREDIT: Medium