Wow, we just blinked and Summer is almost over. We know what that means… the dreaded back-to-school time is upon us.
The Summer holidays are over and its time for a new academic year for your child. While the start of a new school year is exciting, the reality is that a few days or weeks into the first term, you find yourself struggling as a mum. Here are a few back-to-school tips for busy mums;
- Create a routine that works for all members of your family. Get your kids involved by allowing them to choose the times for their school homework so that they feel involved and are more inclined to follow it.
- Set a specific bed time for school days and stick to it like glue. Encourage your children to sleep at this time at least 3 days before school starts.
- Manage screen times and set rules for screen time during the school term.
- Get your kids excited about school by helping them to cover their books and label their stationery before packing it into their bags.
- Wake up a little earlier than the rest of the family to get more done. Sometimes it’s not always possible especially if you have a baby who doesn’t yet sleep through the night. In that case, prepare for the next morning the night before like making school lunches or at least keeping everything ready for the morning.
- Have a meal planner for the week as it saves a lot of time daily by deciding what to cook on the day. Also, cook extra if possible and keep for another day or week.
- Aim to do grocery shopping once a week or even online as this saves a lot of time. Having a menu for the week helps to make this a reality because you will know exactly what ingredients you require.