Periods of waiting, particularly when the outcome appears uncertain, can induce quite a bit of anxiety. Oftentimes, the outcome of these situations is completely out of our control. Still, that doesn’t stop us from stressing about it. If you’re ready to kiss worry goodbye, consider adding some of these calming mantras to your list of daily affirmations.
- “What’s meant to be will be”
When you have your heart set on something, uncertainty can feel like torture. In these moments, it can be helpful to reflect on the affirmation that what’s meant for you will always find you and when something is not meant for you, it’s likely because something better awaits. Have faith.
- “Even if things don’t go my way, I will still be okay”
Sometimes, it can feel like the world will end if things don’t go as planned. It can be helpful to remind yourself that even if things don’t play out in a way that you envisioned in your mind, you will still be okay.
- “There is much to be grateful for in my life right now”
When you’re facing adversity, a little gratitude can help to keep you grounded, which is why this affirmation from The Positive Mom is perfect for uncertain times. There’s always something to be thankful for.
- “No matter what changes, I remain calm and centered.”
There are a lot of things that will happen in life over which we have no control. However, this calming affirmation shared by Medium reminds us that the one thing that we can always control, however, is how we react.
- “Just for today, I am safe. Just for today, I am healthy. Just for today, do not worry. Just for today, be kind to yourself and others. Just for today, be grateful.”
We can never know for sure what tomorrow will bring, which is why spiritual empowerment coach Kelsey Patel recommends this mantra to help us live in the now.
- “Things are uncertain, but I can handle it. I’ve never experienced this before, but I can handle it. These are uncertain times, but I can handle it. I have no idea what’s going to happen, but I can handle it. I can handle it. I can handle it. I can handle it.”
- “I am grateful for what I have”
When you’re working towards a new goal — whether it be a new home, a new car, a new job, or anything else — it’s easy to become obsessed and fixated on attaining that one thing. While goals are great, meditating on how grateful you are for the things you have already attained can help to keep you calm as you await your next blessing.
- “I attract all good things”
It’s pretty easy to focus on the things that can go wrong, but it’s much more beneficial to focus on what can go right. This mantra, recommended by Lifesoever, can help to remind you that good things await.
- “I release worry and know that this too shall pass”
Times of uncertainty can be highly uncomfortable. However, it can be comforting to stop and recognize that they’re fleeting moments, which is why Travel Jewels recommends this mantra that can help us to let go of worry and move forward in confidence.
- “I have been through hard things before and I have survived them”
Drawing on past experiences can also be helpful, which is why Travel Jewels recommends that we take inventory of other difficult situations that we were able to overcome and use them as a reminder that everything will be okay.