5 SMALL HABITS THAT WILL FIRE YOU UP FOR MAJOR LIFE CHANGES
Change for many of us is hard to do simply because we are afraid of trying something new. We may fail, or we may look ridiculous or may be embarrassed in front of other people, so we often choice not to try new things and make excuses why. By making excuses we are depriving ourselves of potential opportunities to learn, grow and eventually lead an enriching life.
But change is the first step to creating the life of your dreams and moving you forward so here are some small, simple things you can do to break the status quo and to try new things.
You may not be ready for a major change in your life. But getting used to taking on small life changing habits will improve your eagerness to reach for major changes;
- Change your routine. Every one of us has a routine we follow every day. We get up at the same time, eat at the same time, hang out with the same people, drive to work the same way each time so break up your routine. If you work out in the evenings, try changing to the mornings. Take a new route to the office and try going to lunch with somebody new ever day. It takes 21 days to form habits, so don’t let yourself fall into habits.
- Be spontaneous. Don’t try to plan out your entire day, year or life. Live in the moment and be spontaneous and take things as they come. Too often, we become too rigid in our routines that we forget to enjoy the simple things in life. Open your mind and allow new opportunities to present to you by adding some flexibility in your life.
- Help others. Many philosophers will tell you that you can achieve happiness simply by helping others achieve happiness. Look for opportunities every day to perform random acts of kindness. Find joy in mentoring, supporting and helping others and watch your world turn around for the best.
- Feed your brain. Our brains need to be engaged and entertained so learn something new. Maybe a new language, skill or personal talent that will help keep you well rounded, focus and entertained. Pick something you enjoy and something that will keep you motivated.
- Meet new people. As humans, we are emotional creatures who thrive on connections. Get out and network with others and build lasting relationships. Join groups, forums and communities that share your interests and can broaden your world.
These are just a few simple strategies to introduce you to making small changes to ease you into your new life. Set a goal to do something different every day and watch opportunities develop around you everywhere. Creating the life of your dreams starts with a single decision to make change happen. Start today and watch yourself blossom.