OBEY YOUR THIRST WITH TIGER NUT MILK
Do you think you need a switch from milk, ice cream, yoghurt and other dairy products? Then you might want to try Tiger nut milk – a non-dairy milk creamy beverage with the sweet, toasty flavour of tiger nuts. Tiger nuts are small, wrinkled amber coloured tubers that grow just beneath the soil’s surface.
Its small size might make you underrate it but this nut is filled with so much goodness. Tiger nuts help in stress management by helping the body to stay balanced and also helps to prevent fibrosis as well as blockage of the tip of the fallopian tube, the high fibre content of the tiger nuts makes it a good colon cancer evacuator and cleanser and can help one lose weight.
The black species of the tiger nuts is an excellent medicine for breast lumps and cancer. Nursing mothers should eat a lot of tiger nuts for enough production of breast milk to satisfy their babies and enhance sexual libido.
It can be snacked on like every normal nut and processed into a tasty milk drink.
- 2 cups of tiger nuts (soaked overnight)
- 4 cups of water
- Flavourings of your chose (optional) – vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, honey, maple syrup, are all lovely.
- Wash and soak your tiger nuts in water over the night
- Place the tiger nuts and the water in a bowl, cover with a cloth, and place at room temperature for 24 – 48 hours. The tiger nuts will soften and become more crunchy.
- Pour the soaking water and the soaked tiger nuts in a blender – This will serve as added flavour.
- Blend until the mixture looks creamy with small bits of tiger nut pulp.
- Add the vanilla, cinnamon, salt and sweetener – Depending on your choice of taste.
- Strain the milk through the nut milk bag into a container. Squeeze as much liquid as possible from the tiger nut pulp.
- Chill the tiger nut milk before serving. It lasts a few days in the fridge.