HERE ARE SOME IMPROVISING TIPS FOR THE BEAUTY SAVVY
This is budget season and we’re fans of any opportunity to save. Here are some tips we’ve collected for the pocket-friendly beauty lover.
1. Lipsticks can double up as blushes. This is a personal favourite as my blushes need to be pigmented for the effect to be visible on my dark skin. By using my nearly done MAC-lipsticks which have a creamy finish to them, i’ve managed to get my money’s worth and then some from them.
2. Apple Cider Vinegar as a toner. I mix this with luke warm water with a little squeeze of lemon and my toner is ready for use.
3. Coconut oil rubbed on the legs prior to a shave will leave your legs feeling silky after a shave.
4. Toothbrush as a lip exfoliator. Using a toothbrush for your lips is a great way to exfoliate and get rid of any dead skin. I do it every day after brushing my teeth.
5. Paper towels as make-up blotters. Gently press the paper towel onto your skin and lift, it’ll take out all the oil from the surface of your skin without taking away the make-up.
6. Mayonnaise as Hair Conditioners. One tablespoon of full fat mayo, one egg yolk, tablespoon of honey and a tablespoon of virgin coconut oil make for a great conditioner that adds moisture and protein to your hair.
These are easy tips that won’t cost a penny. Try them out and let us know how it turns out.