5 Easy Ways to Get Rid of Bad Breath
Imagine getting all dressed up to look beautiful with a face beat for the gods only to open your mouth and people are appalled by how much your breath stinks. This just mademe shudder thinking about it. God forbid!
Now, although bad breath affects most of us and it can be caused by all sort of things ranging from tooth decay, plaque or even something we have eaten like Garlic or onion, it can also be influenced by other factors. To try to abate bad breath in general here’s what you need to do. However, should you have a more dire case, you may have to book an appointment with your closest dentist.
- Ensure that you brush your tongue just as much as you brush your teeth. Most of the bacteria in our mouth are harbored on the tongue, when you brush your tongue properly it helps to prevent bad breath. Brush at least twice a day
- A cup of black tea twice a day can eliminate bad breath because of its strong refreshing flavor. The compounds found in black tea eliminates the bacteria that causes bad breath and it also prevents tooth decay. All in all, it’s a beverage that is recommended for fresh breath, but it must be taken at a moderate level.
- Mint gum and sugarless candy.
Gum can be a great way to combat bad breath provided that is sugar free. It may also help because chewing increases saliva flow. Cinnamon candy is also highly recommended because they tend to eliminate the bacteria which causes the odor.
- Ensure that you drink water regularly.
You know when you’ve taken a long nap and you open your mouth to speak and the smell hits you? Yup! That’s because your mouth is dry. Drinking water helps to wash away the leftovers hanging between your teeth. Keep a bottle of water near you at all times.
- See your doctor in case your bad breath continues.
If you have tried out everything and it doesn’t work, your best bet is the dentist’s office. He will be able to detect whether a greater medical condition as bad breath can also be an indicator that something is amiss in the way your body should usually function.